|Job title||Senior Sales Engineer|
|Reports to||Sales Director|
|Salary||Good basic salary, Bonus, Commission etc|
|Benefits||Up to 23 days holiday & Bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Training|
|Job location||Edincare Head Office (Hemel Hempstead, Herts)|
- You will be responsible for retaining current customers as well as developing and attracting new customers.
- Responsible for specifying and selling current and new products, keeping abreast of new technologies, recommending/sharing changes and trends seen in the field and meeting sales goals.
- You will qualify and respond to sales leads, organise quotes, compile sales information, undertake site surveys and propose solutions to customer briefs.
Main duties and essential responsibilities
- Convert customer enquiries into technical specifications and quotations.
- Compose quote documents and customer proposals.
- Log and chase sales quotations in line with our company procedures.
- Logging sales orders in line with our company procedures. Communicate sales orders to the Production Department.
- Raise purchase orders and invoices for these sales orders.
- Manage sales from concept to completion to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Select and create monthly case studies for the marketing team to publish on the website.
- Actively and consistently seeks new customers within our market.
- Research customers’ needs and resolve problems.
- Visit customers and potential customers and develop relationships, follow up on leads, close sales opportunities and provide technical information.
- Achieve key metrics.
- Give technical support in person, by email and phone.
- Make product recommendations to customers and distributors.
- Follow-up in a timely manner to voicemail and email requests from management, peers, and other internal and external customers.
- Maintain and share an understanding of industry trends and technical developments that impact our industry.
- Provide weekly updates of individual sales forecast to the Sales Director.
- Participates in scheduled Sales meetings, leading these meetings when the Sales Director is out of the office.
Knowledge and skills required
- A proven track record in a successful B2B sales environment, preferably manufacturing, engineering or electrics.
- A hands-on methodical approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of electrical systems.
- Understanding of mechanical and pipework installations.
- Professional demeanour and attitude, outgoing and friendly.
- Organised, focussed, sales driven.
- Excellent telephone manner – be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive sales tool.
- Willingness to learn about and understand our products.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible approach.
- Travel to customer sites.
- Effective written and oral communication skills – to maintain relationships with customers and colleagues.
- You should use your own initiative, and to seek out opportunities to improve products, processes, and services.
- Ability to make decisions and evaluations to determine the needs of the customers.
- Enjoy working as part of a sales-driven team.
- Credibility and reliability – make realistic commitments and live up to them. Meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and prior use of a CRM tool to manage customer engagements and run sales reports.
- Competent business administration skills.
- Educated to a high standard.
- Trustworthy, honest and have integrity.
- Experience in the pumped drainage industry or related service industry preferred.
Normally based at our offices in Hemel Hempstead, but will need to travel to customers, and their project sites.
Edincare has been established for over 25 years, specialising in the manufacture, project design, sale, commission, service, and repair of pumped drainage solutions.
From our headquarters in Hemel Hempstead we offer nationwide coverage for the supply and maintenance of our products. With service vehicles located throughout the United Kingdom we offer a rapid response to all aftersales services.
Over the last few years our business has been expanding rapidly leading to growth in both the sales and service departments, as well as a company expansion to include a drainage division.
How to apply
Please complete the form below and attach your CV.