We were asked to retrofit a grease trap into an existing commercial kitchen. Due to an awkward discharge pipe at high level, it was necessary to install a pumping station after the grease trap. To avoid kitchen closure we were asked to complete the installation within a specific time slot.
• A full site survey was carried out to ensure installation would go seamlessly.
• An active grease trap was specified, rather than a static grease trap to increase the level of FOG removal.
• A twin pump unit with high level alarm was installed to discharge the outflow from the grease trap.
• A full wet test of the kitchen was performed to test the maximum capacity prior to opening to ensure there were no issues.
• An active grease trap can be emptied and maintained daily by kitchen staff.
• A correctly maintained active grease trap mitigates nuisance odours.
• An active grease trap such as a ProTrap Auto also removes food particles.
• This solution obviates the need for costly drain rodding and the risk possible kitchen closure which could affect business.
• A twin pump solution offers redundancy in the system should one pump fail.
• When pumping the waste from a kitchen installing a grease trap prior to the pumping station reduces the likelihood of pumping station breakdowns.
STAINLESS STEEL FOR COMMERCIAL KITCHENS
Both the ProTrap Auto and AutoFlush SS are high quality, stainless steel solutions perfectly suited to commercial kitchens.
They are easy to clean, robust and look professional. Please contact us for a full specification.