We were asked to service a very deep (6m) pumping station at a London mosque.
Repairs to the rising main discharge pipework was needed. Due to the dimensions of the chamber, confined entry using man riding equipment, confined entry equipment and suitably qualified members of staff were required.
• A tripod was erected at the top of the chamber with man riding winch and fall arrest block.
• Gas conditions were continuously monitored inside the chamber whilst engineers were in the chamber.
• A full service of the pumping station was carried out, which involved cleaning the float switches and pumps, checking the float switch levels, operation and alarms.
• The compression type fitting was replaced with an electrofusion fitting on the discharge pipework.
• Regular maintenance of the pumping station allows qualified people to assess the condition of the pumping station. In this case a leak in the discharge was identified and repaired before total failure. If the pipework had failed, water would have just been recirculated in the chamber, the high level alarm would have sounded and then an emergency call out would have been required.
• Our customer has a 5-year service agreement. We offer a significant discount for customers who sign up to a service agreement with us. It guarantees our on-going business and protects the customer from price increases.
Electrofusion is a method of precisely joining medium-density polyethylene (MDPE) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes using built-in low voltage heating elements within the fitting to weld the joint.
The inner surface of the fitting and the outer surface of the pipe melt, which cools to produce a very homogenous, reliable and long-lasting joint.
Installation is simple and computer control ensures consistent quality.
Pipes joined by electrofusion fittings are suitable for all applications from potable water to waste water.