We were asked to specify six pump sets which were to be installed into pre‑cast concrete sumps. Each pumping station had individual requirements depending on the waste type.
• After a site survey, suitable specifications were presented to the client for approval.
• We installed six pump sets into pre‑cast concrete sumps.
• Each pumping station was commissioned and certificates issued to the client ready for hand over. We worked closely with the main contractor to install pumps throughout the different phases, ensuring the work was carried out promptly.
• Planning to install pumps directly into pre‑cast concrete sumps can be beneficial because they can be shaped so they don’t interfere with any piling/structural parts of the basement development.
• A pre‑cast concrete sump can exceed in size anything which can be transported via standard road haulage if vast volumes are required.
• Pre‑cast concrete sumps must be adequately waterproofed.
• All the control panels associated with the pumping stations have volt‑free connections ready to be connected to a BMS system and have battery back up on their high level alarm.
PRE-CAST CONCRETE SUMPS
When planning to form a pre-cast concrete sump it is important to take into account the requirements of a below ground pumping station:
• Access covers must be large enough for the pumping station installation and ongoing maintenance.
• A cable duct will be needed to the above ground control panel location.
• A vent to atmosphere is required.
• 60 degree benching is required on the base of the chamber to prevent dead spots.
• Adequate waterproofing of the sump is required.