We were asked to retrofit a grease trap into an existing commercial kitchen. We had to avoid daytime kitchen closures. Careful attention to pipework falls were needed to prevent sinks backing-up.
• An overnight installation was executed.
• A full site survey was carried out to ensure installation would go seamlessly.
• We specified an active grease trap, rather than a static grease trap to increase the level of FOG removal.
• We fully wet tested the kitchen to maximum capacity prior to opening to ensure there were no issues.
• An active grease trap can be emptied and maintained daily by kitchen staff.
• A correctly maintained active grease trap is less likely to suffer from nuisance smells and odours.
• An active grease trap such as a ProTrap Auto also removes food particles to reduce blockages.
• An after-hours installation ensured no disruption to business.
• This solution obviates the need for costly drain rodding and the risk possible kitchen closure which could affect business.
TENANT RESPONSIBILITY FOR DRAINAGE PROTECTION
Commercial landlords are increasingly requiring tenants to install drainage protection. This is to protect their property and ensure that any incidents that might occur do not affect neighbouring properties or incur costly bills.