A pumping station was found not to be discharging at all. It appeared that the rising main had become blocked outside of the pumping station. The customer requested an immediate full investigation to prevent flooding. As this was an already completed construction project, minimal disruption was required.
• The pumping station was disconnected at high level and we checked that the pumps were discharging correctly.
• A CCTV camera was then inserted into the rising main.
• A kink was found just outside the pumping station within the rising main which had fouled up with sediment and calcium over time.
• Groundworkers excavated under the resin drive to prevent damage to the driveway
• The pipe was cut out and an Edincare engineer carried out a further CCTV investigation on the pipework past the initial blockage.
• The remaining pipe was confirmed to be clear, giving the customer peace of mind that there were no other problems.
• The damaged pipework was then replaced and the pumping station restored to normal operation.
Our Service Team will be your main point of contact, guiding you from initial call through to our engineers’ arrival on site. We will provide a fixed price CCTV survey quote up front, which includes all labour and travel costs, so you know exactly what you’ll pay in advance. Our Service Coordinators will keep you updated on the progress at all stages.