We were asked to specify an adoptable pumping station with a peak flow rate of 5.2l/s to be installed into a concrete chamber. The pumping station needed to be suitable for adoption by Thames Water. On approval of the design, we were to carry out a full installation and commissioning.
• Installed twin guide rail mounted pumps with an 80mm solids clearance into a concrete chamber 3m diameter x 3.5m deep.
• Valves were installed into a separate valve chamber as per adoptable standards.
• 90mm HDPE rising main connection was installed.
• A control kiosk was used which fully conforms with Thames Water adoptable specifications.
• Pumps have an 80mm clear passage through the body of the pump, reducing the chances of blockages.
• The duty / standby setup means each pump can achieve the required flow rate in the event of one pump failing.
• The pump station should be serviced a minimum of twice a year, ideally four times a year, to ensure continued reliability and performance.
• The comprehensive control panel enables BMS monitoring with a telemetric capability for offsite monitoring. It also features a generator connection in case of a long term power outage.
ADOPTABLE PUMP STATIONS
An Adoptable Pump Station is designed to meet both the Adopting Water Authorities Standards and the Sewers for Adoption requirements.
Typically this includes the following;
• Standard layout
• A concrete or prefabricated chamber
• A separate valve chamber
• Off site monitoring
• Approved pump selection