We provide a premium tailored services for a prestigious sandwich shop chain, covering over 200 outlets throughout the UK. We supply and maintain all waste water pumping systems, fat, oil and grease (FOG) separators, sediment traps including coffee granule catchers and foul pump stations. The COVID-19 lockdown forced its stores to close at very short notice, leading to increased system failures. Solidifed waste in the pipework and equipment caused significant problems.
- As designated key workers, the dedicated team of Edincare engineers protected buildings and facilities throughout the country from flooding during lockdown.
- As lockdown was relaxed, stores were reopened in three stages at short notice. We provided a priority service to ensure each could start trading as soon as restrictions were lifted.
- Social distancing was observed to ensure the safety of our engineers and store staff. A single engineer would collect the keys, work alone whilst wearing appropriate PPE and return the keys afterwards.
- COVID-19 risk assessment and method statements (RAMS) were submitted to the customer to demonstrate safe practice.
- Most recommissioning work was covered by the customer’s service agreement.
- Each van attending the stores was fully stocked with parts and equipment so that no time would be lost if replacements were required.
- Our hard working engineers and service team helped the customer return to trading as soon as possible.
TENANT RESPONSIBILITY FOR DRAINAGE PROTECTION
Thames Water, along with other water authorities, imposes strict limits on the amount of fat, oil and grease (FOG) that can be discharged into the main sewer system.
In turn, most commercial landlords require tenants to install drainage protection through FOG and food waste removal systems. This ensures they comply with water authority rules, protects their own and neighbouring properties from flooding due to blocked pipes, and avoids costly bills.
Edincare’s FOG separators and waste water pumping systems, along with planned preventative maintenance contracts give peace of mind to landlords and tenants alike.