We were asked to design, supply and commission four packaged pumping stations for the basements of two adjacent new build houses. Each property was to have their own separate foul water and storm water pumping station.
• Drawings were sent to the Projects Team. These were assessed and any missing information requested from the client.
• 1500mm diameter x 3000mm deep chambers were selected from our MagnaPro range.
• DN80 pumps with an 80mm solids handling were specified for reliability.
• A site consultation was carried out to talk through the design of the systems and also the installation requirements.
• The pumping stations were installed within oversized waterproof reinforced concrete sumps.
• After installation the pumps were tested and commissioned.
• The customer provided a complete solution for the client’s needs.
• Assistance was offered at every stage of the complex installation due to the depth of the basements and a high water table.
• After commissioning the pumps the Project Manager attended site and carried out a multipoint check of the works to ensure they were completed to his satisfaction.
DEWATERING BASEMENT EXCAVATIONS
When the basement dig is close to a local watercourse, groundwater can be present relatively high in the ground.
Dewatering this excavation can be very challenging.
Boreholes need to be dug across the
site and temporary dewatering carried out to allow the waterproof structural slab to be poured.
In addition to supplying the packaged pumping stations Edincare also supplied the pumps for the dewatering.