A managing agent for a residential development was experiencing numerous breakdowns over a 12-month period. We were asked to conduct a comprehensive review of the pumping station, including contacting the manufacturer, to judge whether it was fit for purpose or being misused by residents. Following the review we were asked to present our findings to the agency and residents along with our recommendations.
• We conducted a comprehensive investigation of the previous year’s emergency visits.
• We checked the pump selection was suitable for application.
• A dedicated account manager was assigned to analyse the current costs of emergency cover, tankering and jetting that resulted from the breakdowns.
• We installed an Aqua365Pro monitor so that the managing agent could monitor the pumping station and be immediately alerted of a fault.
• We hosted a meeting with the managing agent and residents
where we showed that the breakdowns were due to flushed
wipes and sanitary products along with a build up of carelessly
disposed fatty cooking waste.
• We recommended installing a shredder to process the waste
prior to it entering the pump station chamber. This would incur
an immediate cost to each household but provide long term
savings through reduced servicing and breakdown costs.
• The preferred solution was a comprehensive Service Level
Agreement comprising four planned preventative maintenance
visits, four tankering visits and four emergency call outs spread out over each year.
• This resulted in 45% reduction is overall costs compared with
the previous year.
FLEXIBLE SERVICE SOLUTION TO
SUIT BESPOKE REQUIREMENTS
Our comprehensive 24/7 servicing and
emergency response capabilities backed
by in house expertise mean that we can
tailor Service Level Agreements to all site
and client requirements. In so doing we
can provide both peace of mind and cost
savings for our customers. Contact us to
discuss your service requirements today.