We were asked to design, supply and install two pumping stations to remove foul water from the basements of two adjacent new build houses. The pumping stations were to be installed into pre-cast concrete chambers
• Edincare carried out a full site survey before providing a full quotation which included the dimensions of the pre-cast concrete sump that the developer would need to construct.
• The sumps were constructed to Edincare’s specification by the developer as part of the formwork for the builds.
• Edincare engineers installed the pumping stations and control equipment. On completion the pumping stations were commissioned and fully wet-tested before handover to the developer.
• Edincare provided the complete solution for the client’s needs.
• Pre-cast concrete sumps are cost effective when undertaking concrete basement formworks.
• Concrete sumps can be constructed to a larger plan than circular tanks allowing for shallower excavations.
WELL DESIGNED CONCRETE SUMPS
Concrete sumps can bring several benefits to a project. If constructed as part of the formwork for a build they can be very cost-effective. Their dimensions can also be specified to perfectly suit the site and the pumping station’s applications.
Following a full project survey, Edincare’s team can design a concrete sump to your site’s unique requirements and match it to the equipment to be installed within.
A well designed sump has sufficient storage capacity in case of an emergency, as well as the correct depth to prevent unnecessary wear on the pumps caused by too frequent starts.