We were asked to design, specify, install and commission two pump sets to pump foul and surface water separately from the basement of a new property. The pump sets were to be installed into pre-cast concrete chambers designed and cast by others.
• We carried out a pre-installation confined space site survey to ensure that we anticipated any issues on site.
• Both galvanized pipework manifolds were installed by a trained confined space team.
• Our engineers installed pumps, floats and control panels for each pumping station.
• The surface water pumping station was installed with a battery backup system to ensure continued operation in the event of mains power failure.
• The systems were fully wet tested prior to handover and commissioning certificates were issued to the client.
• Galvanized steel pipework offers a long life span.
• We always recommend a battery backup system for surface or ground water pumping stations because the flow of these water types is uncontrollable, whereas foul water can be controlled by the building’s occupants.
• Following the installation, we offer a Service Agreement for planned preventive maintenance visits to maintain the pump set. As part of all service visits, a detailed service check list is utilised that covers all visual inspections, working tests, system adjustments and electrical safety checks. Routine maintenance can lower the lifetime cost of the pump set and prevent breakdowns.
POWERSAFE BATTERY BACKUP
The PowerSafe range of fully automatic battery back up systems is designed to offer your customer peace of mind for their basement drainage in the event of mains power failure. The system can be used on single or dual pump configurations and is suitable for both ground water and foul waste. It includes GSM telemetry for remote monitoring of the system (excludes PowerSafe ECO). PowerSafe is suitable for installing either at the initial building stage or for retrofitting to existing pumping stations. The system is comprised of a PowerSafe control panel, cable cover, battery holder and batteries.