|Job title||Warehouse Lead Operative|
|Department||Production & Warehouse Department|
|Reports to||Production & Warehouse Manager|
|Salary||£22,000 to £23,000 based on experience|
|Benefits||up to 23 days holiday & Bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Training|
|Job location||Edincare Office & Warehouse (Hemel Hempstead)|
Job summary – the general nature of the job and its primary objectives
The Warehouse Lead Operative is responsible for:
- Assisting the Production & Warehouse Manager with regard to workload management within the Warehouse department; *
- Supervision of Warehouse operatives, including driver/s;
- Ensuring that the processes and procedures for efficient running of the Production & Warehouse Department are followed. *
Main duties and essential responsibilities
- Control, chase and update information to the required departments regarding received requests. This will include stock, dispatch/delivery dates and all other issues that may revolve around the warehouse department. You will then filter this information to the relevant staff within the production/warehouse area and if required keep an archive of all information received; *
- To control/schedule all deliveries including courier carriage and company owned vehicles. With this, updating the relevant departments of planned action; *
- Assist with the Production and Warehouse Supervisor with maintaining of prebuilt product quantities stored in warehouse area locations; *
- The dispatching of completed sales orders against the Company system and information sharing to the relevant departments for outward shipments; *
- To assist with the picking/information for any Servicing requests and/or site instalment picking requests; *
- To keep an up to date archive records of all goods in/out as well as customer owned storage; *
- To maintain and update the tooling requirements for/within the Warehouse department; *
- To control the Service Cage area in conjunction with the Servicing Department and Operations Manager; *
- To control the Warehouse area to the agreed set standard including end of day shut down. This will also include any improvements you feel can be made to ease process flows and/or workload efficiency as well as stock locations set within unit the Warehouse; *
- To update the Buyer of stock levels and the listing of stock required to be purchased. This will also involve keeping up to date stock records (spot checks) against the Protean system with relation with the Buyer;
- To assist in the monthly audits within the Production & Warehouse Departments;
- To assist with the Warehouse and Production Manager and Buyer in finalisation of stock locations against the Protean System;
- To control the actions required of goods in received involving the checking of received items against the incoming delivery note, flagging any issues to the Buyer, Warehouse and Production Manager and relevant departments/staff. This will also include the placement of received stock to the correct location/area.
- To control the actions required of goods out dispatched, the checking of products/parts against the outgoing delivery notes, flagging any issues to the relevant departments/staff. This will also include the updating of the courier transfer archives.
- To keep Customer Owned stock up to date with relation to the production and sales departments. This will include the picking of equipment specified and updating the archives for storage. Customer Owned equipment is preferably to be built as soon as possible from point of part shipment/request and listed with as much detail as possible. This is to work in conjunction with the Production and Warehouse Supervisor for parts required to be stored.
Supervisory and managerial responsibilities
- Day to day supervision of warehouse staff, ensuring they are carrying out their duties effectively; *
- Supervision of the company driver/s, planning their routes and ensuring they are loaded for the next day’s deliveries. *
Other functions and responsibilities: (e.g. financial, equipment, materials, etc.)
- 4.1 Supporting the Sales, Service and Business Development teams as required;
- Offer assistance with regard to site deliveries in urgent situations;
Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and skills required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The Warehouse Lead Operative will have a solid knowledge of the Edincare product range, how the products operate and overall installation methods. Accordingly, the Warehouse Lead Operative will be able to apply this in the performance of the above duties and responsibilities.
In addition, the Warehouse Lead Operative is expected to effectively demonstrate the following:
- High standard organisational skills;
- Logical and methodical thinking;
- Computer literate, with through working knowledge of MS Office, including experience in using database systems;
- Proactive approach;
- The ability to deal professionally with colleagues, both field and office based, as well as clients;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Constructive interpersonal skills;
- Flexible approach;
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- Advocacy of health and safety best practive;
- Trustworthy, honest and with integrity;
- A positive personality and helpful disposition;
- Politeness and ability to work under pressure.
Special working conditions and work environment:
The Warehouse Lead Operative will work with all the Edincare Departments and staff, as and when required, to support the conduct of Company business in a professional manner, thereby enabling it to deliver top quality services and to maximise the sales of our products to our clients.
Any other relevant comments
The Warehouse Lead Operative will adhere to the Company Quality Management System and the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and regulations, in order to support our achievement of best practice in relation to our business operations.
Edincare Drains is a part of the Edincare Group of Companies. Edincare has been established for over 25 years specializing in delivering drainage solutions nationwide.
Edincare Drains offers tankering, jetting and drainage CCTV services to a wide range of industries including the Residential, Commercial, and Hospitality & Retail, as well as in the Public Sector.
From our headquarters in Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, we offer nationwide coverage for the supply and maintenance of our products.
NB. Where * is shown, this indicates that it is a core activity that you will be assessed upon in your performance review.
How to apply
Please complete the form below and attach your CV.