|Job title||Driver and Warehouse Operative|
|Department||Production & Warehouse|
|Reports to||Production and Warehouse Manager|
|Contracted hours||8am to 5.30pm|
|Benefits||up to 23 days holiday & Bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Training|
|Job location||Edincare Drains office (Hemel Hempstead) and working on client sites|
- Driving Company delivery vehicles for the delivery of equipment / products to client job site/s;
- Scheduling (in conjunction with the Warehouse Lead Operative and/or other senior management team), of deliveries including courier carriage and use of Company owned vehicles, updating the relevant Company Departments of planned action;
- Participating in the goods in/out process within the Company instructed process (including loading and unloading equipment from couriers / Company vehicles);
- Updating relevant Company Departments with relevant information with regards to dispatch dates and any discrepancies, etc.;
- Performance of Warehouse Department workload assignments as instructed by the Warehouse Lead Operative.
Main duties and essential responsibilities
- Control the delivering/collection arrangements with Company owned vehicles, in conjunction with the Warehouse Lead Operative and/or other senior management team;
- Assist the Production & Warehouse Supervisor and Warehouse Lead Operative with the dispatching and courier booking of dispatching sales orders, keeping all records up to date with relevant information;
- Obtain and communicate required information to the Sales Department and help with any issues related to the delivery of sales orders;
- Maintain up to date archive records of all courier manifests, part shipment dispatch notes, servicing picking notes and any other information relating to outbound products (in accordance with the Production & Warehouse Policies and Procedure document);
- Maintain the Company owned delivery vehicle being used in accordance with the vehicle’s manual and as instructed by the Warehouse Lead Operative (including the notification of any issues/servicing or adjustments required on the vehicle at the time in control of the Driver & Warehouse Operative);
- Assist the Warehouse Lead Operative with any Servicing picking requests and/or site instalment picking requests;
- Maintain the Warehouse area to the agreed set standard, including the end of day shut down;
- Assist in the monthly audits within the Production & Warehouse Departments.
Supervisory and managerial responsibilities
Other functions and responsibilities: (e.g. financial, equipment materials, etc.)
- Contribute suggestions for any improvements to be made in order to ease process flows and/or workload efficiency.
- To assist with any additional tasks required as requested by the Production & Warehouse Supervisor. This may include working across Company Departments.
Other duties may be assigned (including working across Company Departments).
Knowledge and skills required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The Driver & Warehouse Operative is expected to effectively demonstrate the following:
- Full clean UK Driving License
- Warehouse area experience;
- Forklift Counterbalance experience;
- Multi-drop delivering with a LWB vehicle experience;
- Strong administration skills;
- Inventory control experience;
- Goods in and goods out experience;
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- Communication skills (written and verbal);
- Constructive interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Experience in a service industry, ideally the pumped drainage industry.
Special working conditions and work environment
- All Driver delivery and Warehouse related tasks to be performed in accordance with the instructions in the Production & Warehouse Policies and Procedures document.
- The Driver & Warehouse Operative will work with all the Edincare Departments and staff to support the conduct of Company business in a professional manner, thereby enabling it to deliver top quality services and to maximise the sales of our products to our clients.
Any other relevant comments
The Driver & Warehouse Operative will adhere to and promote the provisions of the Company Quality Management System and the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and regulations, in order to support our achievement of best practice in relation to our business operations.
Edincare Drains is a part of the Edincare Group of Companies. Edincare has been established for over 25 years specializing in delivering drainage solutions nationwide.
Edincare Drains offers tankering, jetting and drainage CCTV services to a wide range of industries including the Residential, Commercial, and Hospitality & Retail, as well as in the Public Sector.
From our headquarters in Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, we offer nationwide coverage for the supply and maintenance of our products.
How to apply
Please complete the form below and attach your CV.